[Ica-osgeo-labs] ICA-OSGeo Labs Telemeeting Agenda- 2 May 2013

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed May 1 01:47:02 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I would like to congratulate our Southampton colleagues on their lab establishment announcement at http://www.osgl.soton.ac.uk/news/?action=story&id=2    That is really excellent and we are looking forward to working with them.

I am impressed by the ITC,  OSGL University of Pretoria, Polytechnic of Namibia training initiative "The use of social media, crowdsourcing and web mapping to enable spatial web presence for the private sector in Southern Africa"

http://www.itc.nl/Pub/study/Courses/C13-GIP-RC-01

I think this model is something we all should start thinking of i.e applying for funding to do joint training programs and i am sure Serena, Barend and others will be able to share their experiences.

We are  getting many expressions of interest from universities worldwide and i am bit behind in responding to them. I will get back to all of them when i get time but my first priority now is to get the basics in place as this is very important for the future i.e our website, ELOGeo next phase expansion , twice monthly teleconference meetings, f2f meetings at FOSS4G 2013, ICC 2013 etc.

Manuel, i hope you will be attending tomorrow's meeting and it will be helpful if you can update us on the website developments. Thanks.

For ICC 2013, The ICA Commission on Open Source Geospatial Technologies will have a time slot for meeting and we will expand this to include ICA-OSGeo labs meeting (thanks Chris for the excellent suggestion). So if you are planning to attend ICC 2013 do let me know and please plan to attend our meeting. I will let you know the exact time and date once i get confirmation from ICC 2013 organisers.

Also please find below draft agenda for tomorrow's meeting.

Meeting Date - 2 May 2013 (Thursday)
Meeting time : 14:00 UTC

Agenda

Introductions with 2min overviews from each participant (All)
Website update (Manuel)
Updates on relevant training opportunities, bid opportunities (All)
FOSS4G 2013 Nottingham Update (Suchith)
ICC 2013 Dresden update (Suchith)
Date and time for next meeting (All)
AOB

Looking forward to discuss ideas with many of you tomorrow.