[Ica-osgeo-labs] OGC participation in the Network

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed May 1 15:14:33 PDT 2013

Hello everyone,

One of the important side effects of the recent FOSS4G-Buenos Aires
event was that Luis Bermudez[1] from the OGC and I had a good
face-to-face discussion on building Open Source geospatial training
materials.  He was very excited to learn more about the growing
ICA-OSGeo Labs Network, and wants to see how the OGC can join this
agreement, to help build easy to read OGC documentation for the student
curriculum.  Luis is now a member of our mailing list, and he will
attend the online meeting tomorrow.

I'll let Luis followup here on the list, or we can discuss this in the
kickoff meeting tomorrow.

(for the record, here is a link to the exact time of the meeting in your
timezone[2])

[1] http://www.opengeospatial.org/ogc/organization/staff/lbermudez
[2]
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2013&month=5&day=2&hour=14&min=0&sec=0