[Ica-osgeo-labs] Today's meeting

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu May 2 08:27:54 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Thanks for all of you who joined today's telemeeting. It was really good to talk to all of you and hear developments across the world. Thanks to Phil for providing us his teleconference facilities and also  also sending the telemeeting recording url to the list so that those of you who couldn't attend can listen to it and give your feedbacks and thoughts. Jeff has kindly volunteered to do the minutes of the meeting and post it in the wiki page for all.

Thanks to Manuel and his team for the work they are doing for our website. Btw I couldn't open the url  you send (error message), so please resend.

The funding calls discussion was excellent and thanks to Charlie and Maria. Charlie shared ideas on NSF and US based bids that he is working and Maria is going to lead on the planned COST bid focussed on Open Geospatial theme.

Charlie will also present the network for FOSS4G-NA, Suchith at FOSS4G 2013  and Jeff at FOSS4G-CEE and all key events that he is presenting. Also thanks to Jeff for his strong support for our educational activities.

We will arrange an Education BOF meeting at FOSS4G 2013 fully focussed on building up this initiative and we want to have  a plan of action in place (bids, training programs) etc, so we can effectively make use of the meeting.

We will also plan monthly meetings (provisionally planned for first Thursday of every month at the same time) . This will make sure we can keep building up momentum and activities.

Also please encourage your students to apply for Google Summer of Code (thanks Anne) and NASA World Wind (thanks Maria) challenges. These are excellent opportunities for students to learn.

So once again thanks to all of you who attended today's meeting and looking forward to working with you all for building up our education initiative.

Suchith