[Ica-osgeo-labs] ICA-OSGeo Labs network website

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu May 23 11:28:55 PDT 2013

To clarify I am referring to the logo at the top of
http://www.conlibre.org/osgeolabs/ (which seems to be a custom logo).  I
agree, the official name of the network is "ICA OSGeo Lab Network"; my
message was in regards to the OSGeo logo at the top of the draft page.

Not sure, I am not understanding your point fully Maria (I really did
not intent to open up the naming debate again, I simply wanted to change
the text in that logo, so that it reads" "[OSGeo] ICA Lab Network"...or
just use the 2 separate OSGeo and ICA logos and avoid this conversation.

-jeff

On 2013-05-23 3:20 PM, Maria Brovelli wrote:
> Jeff, better OSGeo Lab because in my opinion what is unifying is OSGeo.  In our case, for instance, we are not members of ICA, but Ludovico and I are chairs of ISPRS WGs.  And the common aim of the labs is open source usage and promoting. Nothing agains ICA, obviously, just to clarify.
> Cheers.
> Maria
>
> La Prorettrice Delegata
> del Polo Territoriale di Como
> Prof.ssa Maria Antonia Brovelli
>
> Politecnico di Milano
> Via Natta, 12/14 - 22100 Como (ITALIA)
> Tel. +39-031-3327336
> Fax. +39-031-3327321
> e-mail: prorettrice at como.polimi.it
>
> Questo messaggio è ad uso esclusivo di colui al quale è indirizzato, potrebbe contenere informazioni riservate.
> Se avete ricevuto questa mail per errore, ci scusiamo per l'accaduto e vi invitiamo cortesemente a darcene notizia e a distruggere il messaggio ricevuto.
> Vi ricordiamo che la diffusione, l'utilizzo e/o la conservazione dei dati ricevuti per errore costituiscono violazioni alle disposizioni del Decreto Legislativo n. 196/2003 Codice in materia di protezione dei dati personali.
>
> This communicatin is intended only for use by addresses.
> It may contain confidential and privileged information.
> If you received this communication unintentionally, please inform us immediatelly and please destroy this document.
> Thank you.
>
> On May 23, 2013, at 8:11 PM, Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com> wrote:
>
>> Looks good.
>>
>> Obviously we'll use ICA & OSGeo logos (but if we do use the OSGeo logo
>> that is currently displayed on that page, I suggest the logo text "Labs
>> on the Network" be changed to "ICA Lab Network").
>>
>> We should decide soon on what menu structure we need (such as "Home",
>> "Labs", "Join the Network", "Communication", "Events", "Opportunities",
>> "Resources", ...) and any sub-pages.
>>
>> Question: maybe we also need a Twitter account just for this network
>> (@osgeo-ica) ?  Of course someone would have to maintain this, but,
>> could be useful. -maybe this is too much to maintain, but, it popped
>> into my head.
>>
>> -jeff
>>

>> On 2013-05-23 8:11 AM, Suchith Anand wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>

>>> Just to clarify, the first draft of website that Manuel send
>>> www.conlibre.org/osgeolabs <http://www.conlibre.org/osgeolabs>   is just
>>> for all of us to get idea of the structure and give feedback. I think
>>> that he put some sample text and pictures just to show the draft
>>> structure.  He can now start adding contents from our wiki page and also
>>> links of all labs etc .
>>>

>>> Some suggestions:
>>>

>>> 1. We need to have the mission statement in the homepage and logos of
>>> OSGeo and ICA on the top. We can also put logos of all member lab
>>> universities in the bottom.

> [...]

Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/