[Ica-osgeo-labs] BOF in Portland

Charles Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Thu Aug 28 10:35:15 PDT 2014

Hi,

I unfortunately will not be there because I am running a "Knowledge
Commons" conference at New York University. :-(

That said, if I WERE there, my vote would be to combine them. In my view,
the OSGeo Education group and the GeoForAll group are one and the same, and
other FOSS4G educators should become engaged in this same community.

My two cents,

Cheers,
Charlie Schweik

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 12:46 PM, Jeff McKenna <
jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Yesterday I was thinking that it would be great for the GeoForAll group to
> meet in Portland, or those attending, similar to the meeting in
> Nottingham.  I realized that there wasn't a wiki page set up yet for BOFs,
> or any details of rooms available, so I created it and there are now
> details on rooms: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2014_BirdsOfAFeather
>
> Philip Davis quickly added a "FOSS4G Educators" BOF (small world), so I
> wonder if we should have a separate GeoForAll BOF, or combine that with the
> Educators one.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> -jeff

Charlie Schweik

Associate Professor, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Dept of Environmental Conservation and Center for Public Policy and
Administration

Personal website: http://people.umass.edu/cschweik
Publications: http://works.bepress.com/charles_schweik/

Author, Internet Success: A Study of Open Source Software (MIT Press, 2012)
- see http://tinyurl.com/d3e4545