[Ica-osgeo-labs] Opening Science to Meet Future Challenges

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Sun Feb 23 10:23:09 PST 2014

Dear All,

For the Geospatial World Forum 2014 , there will be a special session on Capacity Building that Prof. Dr. Josef Strobl  is chairing. Detaoils at http://www.geospatialworldforum.org/2014/preconf_capacity.asp
It is a good opportunity to share ideas on "Geo for All" with the wider community. I would like to thank Josef and the GWF organisers for inviting and giving this opportunity for us.

One of the countries where we are seeing amazing developments is Brazil .Last year , the first meeting of the ICA-OSGeo Labs in Brazil (thanks to Silvana and Arlette) was held at São Paulo , parallel to  Connect Latin America 2013.

http://mundogeoconnect.com/2013/grade/encontros-paralelos/webinar-ica-osgeo-18-de-junho/

In May 2014, there will be a Brazilian NSDI theme event in  Brasília  which i will attend and jointly present with Silviana about "Geo for All" initiative. I understand that there will be around 400 participants from government and universities in Brazil for this event, so an excellent opportunity to build more long term research and teaching collaborations.

Tomorrow (24th Feb) , we will have the first meeting of our Advisory Board and i am looking forward to discuss more ideas for expanding our initiative. Will keep you all updated.