[Ica-osgeo-labs] Intergovernmental agreements to expand "Geo For All" initiative

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Jan 7 06:17:42 PST 2014

Charlie, I agree on the importance to build collective action at the local and regional government levels. This is key for cost savings for governments who spend millions of dollars every year on proprietary GIS licences and are finding it difficult in current economic climate.

I think UK government has started doing good work in this area which is good example  for local governments in other countries also to follow on cost savings in IT.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-bodies-must-comply-with-open-standards-principles

Suchith