[Ica-osgeo-labs] H2020 project teams

Maria Antonia Brovelli maria.brovelli at polimi.it
Thu Jan 9 22:29:28 PST 2014

Me toooooo!
Thanks!
Maria

________________________________
Da: ica-osgeo-labs-bounces at lists.osgeo.org <ica-osgeo-labs-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> per conto di Anjana Vyas <anjanavyas at cept.ac.in>
Inviato: venerdì 10 gennaio 2014 06.46
A: Suchith Anand
Cc: ica-osgeo-labs at lists.osgeo.org
Oggetto: Re: [Ica-osgeo-labs] H2020 project teams

Dear Dr. Suchith Anand,
Greetings.
This semester, we are teaching students of M Sc/ M Tech Geomatics, the Urban Planning and preparation of Master Plan for Ahmedabad City, where the students will learn to forecast the population, requirement of the land and infrastructure, other facilities, Land Management, Governance and the respective Policy. The local Urban Development Authority, who is responsible for preparation of Master Plan, is joined with us in this exercise.
The Ahmedabad Urban Development Authority, which is the first one to use high resolution satellite imagery since many years for update the land use maps. They are using GIS software for the preparation of thematic maps and zoning purpose.
Since this Authority has an interest in use of the GIS technology (not many Authorities desire to use GIS) for their daily functioning, the officials want us to support them and expand the usefulness of GIS in Authority.
The problem begins with 'Planners do not have enough knowledge of use of GIS and GIS experts/ analysts do not understand what is the planners' demand'.
Reading these emails, I am happy and would like to Congratulate Dr, James, you and the team. I would propose my desire to be a partner to this project/ initiative.
Thanking you.
With best regards
Anjana

Anjana Vyas (PhD)