[Ica-osgeo-labs] IST-SUPSI interests in H2020

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Mon Jan 20 02:52:04 PST 2014

Hi Suchith and all,
Here the interests of my institute regarding H2020 projects:
- *Smart cities*
*- Callanges: Climate Action, Environment, Resource Efficiency and Raw
Materials*

At www.supsi.ch/ist you can see our activities, which are focused on earth
sciences (gology, hydogeology, hydrology and geomatics).
We have real life application in production:
- real time monitoring of hydro-meteorological variables,
- hydrogeological monitoring,
- water quality monitoring,
- geological data management
- hazard assessment
- early warning systems,
for the regional administration in Ticino.

Moreover we have in-house developed our system (istSOS) for data management
and serving based on open standard (Sensor Observation Service), which is
going to be one of the way to provide environmental data to the EU within
the INSPIRE directive.

Best regards,
Massimliano

--