[Ica-osgeo-labs] Geoserver setup for teaching

Philip James philip.james at newcastle.ac.uk
Tue Jul 15 23:48:25 PDT 2014

Does anyone have any tips on how to set up Geoserver for teaching? (about 20 students).  I was working under the assumption that the easiest way to do this would be to create separate workspaces and users for each student.  Are there any performance tweaks in config that we need to make to support this?   We are running geoserver on a couple of virtualised servers so we can do a little load balancing if necessary.

Many thanks

Phil James
Senior Lecturer in Geographical Information Science
School of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
Newcastle University
#geoanorak

Geospatial Engineering:           https://research.ncl.ac.uk/geospatial/
ICA-OSGEO Lab @ Newcastle:   http://research.ncl.ac.uk/osgeolab/