[Ica-osgeo-labs] Online Collaborative Mapping Tools

Jason Sadler jds at geodata.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jul 25 08:11:28 PDT 2014

Hi,

GeoData is using a customised installation of the core OpenStreetMap
(OSM) software stack to support collaborative mapping efforts in Kenya
and Tanzania.  The setup is replicable although some customisation and
on-going administration is required for each instance.  The OSM
architecture allows for direct editing in the browser as well as
offline editing using desktop editors such as JOSM, which are able to
merge local edits with the central database on demand.  Historic and
other datasets can be provided as background data sources by
integrating them via a Web Mapping Service.

Let me know if this sounds useful.

Regards,
Jason

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 10:44:08AM -0300, SERGIO ACOSTA Y LARA wrote:
> Hi all. Does anyone in the list know any open source tool that fits with this request (see below)?
> Thanks,
> Sergio

Jason Sadler
GeoData Institute