[Ica-osgeo-labs] New email ids for GeoforAll Regional Chairs

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Sun Aug 23 14:48:36 PDT 2015

Colleagues,

Maria and Peter came up with an excellent idea to have a  shared osgeo emailid for Europe chairs to make it be easier to work just with one address instead of using private ones.  Moreover the same address could be used by next chairs to ensure smooth transition and ensure long term continuity. Jeff made an excellent suggestion that we need to think this for all regional chairs not just Europe and thanks to help from Jorge, Eli, Anne we were able to now get the shared email aliases for the Regional Chairs in place.

The new aliases for the Regional chairs of GeoForAll are

North America Region

Chairs: Helena Mitasova (USA), Charles Schweik (USA), Phillip Davis (USA)

Email: na.gfa.chair at osgeo.org

South America Region

Chairs: Sergio Acosta y Lara (Uruguay) and Silvana Camboim (Brazil)

Email: sa.gfa.chair at osgeo.org

Africa Region

Chairs: Rania Elsayed Ibrahim (Egypt), Serena Coetzee (South Africa) and Bridget Fleming (South Africa)

Email: africa.gfa.chair at osgeo.org

Asia Region (including Australia)

Chairs: Tuong Thuy Vu (Malaysia/Vietnam) and Venkatesh Raghavan (Japan/India)

Email: asia.gfa.chair at osgeo.org

Europe Region

Chairs: Maria Brovelli (Italy) and Peter Mooney (Ireland)

Email:  eu.gfa.chair at osgeo.org‎

This is an excellent step and will ensure there are strong structures in place for the long term expansion and continuity of the Geo for All initiative. We will update the details in the website, wikis etc soon.

University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.