[Ica-osgeo-labs] Survey of members of the ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Labs Network

Peter Mooney petermooney78 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 05:09:34 PDT 2015

Dear Colleague,

We hope that this email finds you well. We are contacting you in relation
to your membership of the ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Labs Network as listed on the
OSGeo Wiki[1] I also introduce myself as my first formal duty in my new
role as European Co-Chair.

As you may be aware Maria Brovelli and I are the Co-Chairs for the European
Region of Geoforall [2] and the ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Labs Network.

We are very happy to say that this network of labs promoting Geoforall
activities and philosophies is growing every day. But with that growth
comes the need to understand the progress and status of the members of this
network. Based on the feedback we obtain we can work to better promote the
ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Labs Network and support it's activities.

Between us we have designed a simple Google Forms based web form (
http://goo.gl/forms/xF3fUU9ozU) which we are asking you to fill in for us.
The form asks some questions about your lab's FOSS, OSGeo and Geoforall
activities over the past few years. The responses will be collected in a
spreadsheet. Maria and I will then analyse the responses and make some
recommendations on how to continue supporting the members of the
ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Labs Network while helping the network grow. This
information will be shared with all regional chairs.

We request all named contacts of the ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS labs to please
complete this survey form. If you do not feel comfortable about using
Google Forms please let us know and we can discuss an alternative method
for capturing your information.

We realise that everyone is very busy these days. Added to this there seems
to be surveys or questionnaires arriving in our email every day. We
appreciate your help with this. So we are asking, if it were possible, that
you could complete this form by 25nd September 2015. We shall send you a
gentle reminder with one week to go as these things can be easy to forget.

Thank you for participating and helping us to help you, your lab and the
ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Labs Network

Best wishes and have a great remainder of the summer,

Peter and Maria

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Edu_current_initiatives
[2] http://www.geoforall.org/