[Ica-osgeo-labs] Hackathon at ECMWF to improve the Global Flood Awareness System (GloFAS) | Reading, 16/17 Jan 2016

K S Rajan rajan at iiit.ac.in
Sat Dec 5 06:47:43 PST 2015

Suchith, Patrick,

Well, we are now working with one of the Governments to take this work forward to develop a near-real world flood visualization, as shown in [1]. We hope this effort will help integrate time-based visualization of the flood flows over the region by putting together both hydrological model run on high-resolution DEMs and CityGML models of the neighbourhood. While the current model does a loose coupling between the flooding simulation and 4D visualization, we are now working on integrating these further.

-Rajan

[1] http://lsi.iiit.ac.in/worldwind/?page_id=8