[Ica-osgeo-labs] Looking for Web-GIS syllabi

Charles Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Tue May 26 09:37:30 PDT 2015

Hello GeoForAll colleagues,

Some colleague and I just received some funding to develop a new Web-GIS
course for Spring 2016, and this week we are working on a rough draft
syllabus as a requirement from the funder. We're in negotiation with the
funder on intellectual property rights, but we are confident that we will
be able to license the course open access under some Creative Commons
license. I also want to try and use this effort as a step forward in our
quest to build the content system and a 'new derivative work' system.

My request:

*If you have taught a Web-GIS class in the last few years and are willing
to share your syllabus with us*, or if you have relevant materials you are
willing to share, please let me know (and copy my developer colleague, Andy
Anderson, cc'd above). If we use anything, we'd of course give you
attribution!

Thanks in advance!

Charlie Schweik

Associate Professor, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Dept of Environmental Conservation and Center for Public Policy and
Administration