[Ica-osgeo-labs] "Geo4All - MapStory Challenge" - FOSS4G 2016 Student Competitions

Charles Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Thu Oct 1 04:37:07 PDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 5:11 AM, Suchith Anand <
Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk> wrote:

> Good points Venka. This is what we should do for future FOSS4G
> conferences.
>

> OSGeo student award for OSGeo projects as done as Seoul

+1 - sponsored by OSGeo

and any others who want to run their competitions like

**NASA WorldWind**, GeoCat, MapStory, etc. -- sponsored by these
organizations.
+1

The more awards highlighting great FOSS4G related work, the better, in my
view, but the show could close with the OSGeo awards. Keep FOSS4G welcoming
all in the FOSS4G ecosystem, but also showcase OSGeo affiliated projects.

My 2 cents,

Charlie