[Ica-osgeo-labs] Cheers and EGU 2016 initiative

Raffaele raffaele.albano85 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 07:12:58 PDT 2015

Dear Suchith,

thanks so much for your interest in my initiative. I will do the best to promote the exchange of ideas and develop collaborations between OSGeo and EGU community. I hope GEOforALL community can support the concrete realization of the short course at EGU 2016 that could be the first milestone to start this “natural” collaboration process.
My colleagues and me will be really glad to be part of GEO4ALL as industry partner (thanks for the kind invitation). In the last period, we are involved not only in FOSS professional developing projects but we have established a collaboration with LAB.GIS of School of Engineering and some colleagues of Department of Informatics of University of Basilicata http://portale.unibas.it/site/home.html <http://portale.unibas.it/site/home.html> and some colleagues of RSE (Italian Research Centre on Energy and Water System) http://www.rse-web.it/home.page <http://www.rse-web.it/home.page> to costitute a group, called GEOFloodRiskGroup, to develop some QGIS tools on hydrogeological risk, that will be published approximately in the end of this year. Maybe,  if we can partecipate in GEOforALL with this group/Lab name, It will be great. I think that this group could be more stronger in promote, to diverse stakeholders, open source software, open data, open publication and education. I hope to receive GEO4all community and your suggestions and comments.

Thanks,
Raffaele