[Ica-osgeo-labs] Fwd: Regarding Student Awards at FOSS4G Seoul

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Sep 7 08:08:58 PDT 2015

Jeff, Many thanks for bringing this to our attention.

All - please provide your ideas on how we can best manage this.

Sanghee - Sorry for my ignorance but who are the Academic Committee? Is it the LOC? Who is the main contact for the Academic Committee? Please let us know, so we can coordinate things smoothly.

For the OSGeo Student Awards at FOSS4G Seoul , one option is  as Venka and Maria will be there at Seoul, that they both be the Geo4All contact for the OSGeo Student Awards and work with Sanghee (and whoever is the main contact of the Academic Committee)  and OSGeo Treasurer to make sure everything is arranged smoothly in advance

Another option is Jeff as OSGeo President can arrange 1000 USD from OSGeo Treasurer to take directly with him and hand over directly to the winning students selected by the Academic Committee. May be this second option  might be easier esp. if winning students are decided at the conference time and award need to be given at the same time.