[Geo4All] Geo4All Humanitarian mapathons lead

Marco Minghini marco.minghini86 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 00:05:21 PDT 2016

Dear Suchith and all,
I'm happy to provide assistance and guidance to people from the GeoForAll
network willing to help in mapping humanitarian responses. There is a high
need for maps (not only after disasters) and everyone's contribution is
precious.
During the GeoForAll webinar scheduled on May 5 we will introduce the
humanitarian mapping with OSM and our experience with children (see [1]).
About the Ecuador earthquake, I would like to point those interested at the
wiki which gives an overview of the situation and provides links to mapping
tools, projects and guidelines [2]. I suggest any person interested in
contributing mapping to take a look at this page.
All the best,

Marco

[1]
https://hotosm.org/updates/2016-03-09_200_kids_map_swaziland_for_malaria_elimination
[2] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2016_Ecuador_earthquake

Marco Minghini, Ph.D.
GEOlab, Politecnico di Milano - Como Campus
via Valleggio 11, 22100 Como (Italy)
+39 031 3327540
marco.minghini at polimi.it
@MarcoMinghini <https://twitter.com/MarcoMinghini>