[Geo4All] Python Developer Vacancy at the Extreme Citizen Science group, University College London - Closing Date 10th August 2016

Ellul, Claire c.ellul at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Aug 1 11:36:06 PDT 2016

Dear all

** Apologies for Cross Posting **

I’d appreciate it if you could circulate this job opportunity around your networks.

Many thanks

Claire

Dr Claire Ellul
Reader in Geographical Information Science

Python Developer Wanted
We are looking for an experienced and talented programmer with interest in open source geographic web technologies, who will form part of UCL’s Extreme Citizen Science team and work on projects including WeGovNow!’ (an H2020 project which aims to overcome the current limitations of existing digital tools for citizen reporting, e-participation, and communication between the citizen and the government see here: http://tinyurl.com/hnncnud).

The primary role of the Developer will be to maintain and extend our existing GeoKey data repository and API (which is built around PostgreSQL/PostGIS, python and Django) to enable it to plug into software including social media and other platforms, as well as add additional extensions as required by the ExCiteS group.  Further details and a link to the application forms can be found here:

https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?owner=5041178&ownertype=fair&jcode=1565985

Department of Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering
University College London
Gower Street
London WC1E 6BT UK