[Geo4All] QGIS GeoAcademy

Polimi maria.brovelli at polimi.it
Wed Aug 31 14:18:09 PDT 2016

Dear All
As many of you already know, as OSGeo and GeoForAll, we are part of a project called UN Open GIS (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/UnitedNations_Committee).
The project has a Capacity Building working group and we are organizing online training for UN Staff. We will start the 19th September with the QGIS GeoAcademy tutorial.
It is conceived as self training but there are some tutors who make them available for helping in case of doubts, questions and so on.
There will be 15 people of the UN staff involved in this course and three tutors: Rick Smith, Tom Mueller and Youngok Kang. The tutors are also preparing a questionnaire and they will check the exercises made by the students (6 exercises of the QGIS GeoAcademy training course).
For completing this course UN staff has 30 days.
UN made a call for interest to its staff and 50 people answered positively. At this point, we want to schedule a second and a third course from 20 October and from 20 November. Potential tutors need to be expert in QGIS and to know the QGIS GeoAcademy tutorial. They will have about 15 people and therefore, in case there are three tutors, about 5/6 people each.
Are there people interested in contributing? Please, in case, write me!
Best regards!
Maria

https://www.flickr.com/photos/137617942@N02/

Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Vice Rector for Como Campus and GIS Professor
Politecnico di Milano

ISPRS WG IV/5 "Web and Cloud Based Geospatial Services and Applications"; OSGeo; GeoForAll Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET

Sol Katz Award 2015

Via Natta, 12/14 - 22100 COMO (ITALY)
Tel. +39-031-3327336 - Mob. +39-328-0023867 - fax. +39-031-3327321
e-mail1: maria.brovelli at polimi.it
e-mail2: prorettrice at como.polimi.it