[Geo4All] welocome to U of Wisconsin Cartography Lab joining Geo For All

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Fri Dec 2 19:25:36 PST 2016

Carl,

it was great to meet you at AutoCarto and welcome to the Global GeoForAll lab network.

You are doing great work at your lab -
perhaps you can post a brief description of your lab and a link to the presentation at AutoCarto
on the geoforall mailing list so that others can learn more about your course and other initiatives.

I have added University of Wisconsin, Cartography Lab
to the GeoForAll laboratories network table with a warm welcome from our community.
We hope you will participate in promoting the vision of GeoForAll
and share the goal of developing global collaboration
opportunities for education and research with open source GIS software and data.
You are welcome to contact other GeoForAll Labs to exchange experiences
and collaborate in teaching and research programs based on open source GIS software.
You can find contact information in the table at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Edu_current_initiatives <http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Edu_current_initiatives>
You are also welcome to follow our monthly newsletters
and contribute any news that you may have
http://www.geoforall.org/newsletters/ <http://www.geoforall.org/newsletters/>

I assume that you are already subscribed to our mailing list,
if not, here is the link, to make sure you get updated on the latest developments
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/geoforall <http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/geoforall>

I have added your lab to the network table as #113.
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Edu_current_initiatives#University.2FHigher_Education.2FSchools_members
Please create a login on the OSGeo wiki (unless you already have one),
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Special:RequestAccount
and edit the table with your lab information (coordinates longitude/latitude, brief description
of you activities/competencies and link to your website when you have it ready).
Please also add your lab in the relevant sections of these pages:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/ICA_OSGeo_Lab_Teaching_areas <http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/ICA_OSGeo_Lab_Teaching_areas>
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/ICA_OSGeo_Lab_Research_areas <http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/ICA_OSGeo_Lab_Research_areas>

Finally, if you do not have it yet, you should set up a webpage page on your website that
provides information about your open source geospatial activities
and a list of active participants among your staff.

We look forward to your participation in the network!
Let me know if you have any further questions,
or need any help with the wiki.

best regards, Helena

> On Dec 1, 2016, at 12:46 PM, Carl Sack <cmsack at wisc.edu> wrote:
>
> Hello Helena, Charles, and Phillip,
>
> I am writing to request the University of Wisconsin Cartography Lab be admitted to the Geo For All labs network. I will be the liaison for our lab until August, 2017. I met Helena at AutoCarto back in September and talked to her there about joining, but our internal process to get it approved took some time. We are now ready to join the network. Please let me know how to proceed.
>
> Thanks,
> -Carl

Helena Mitasova
Professor at the Department of Marine,