[Ica-osgeo-labs] [FOSS4G 2016] Invitation to become member of the Scientific Committee and for review

Franz-Josef Behr franz-josef.behr at hft-stuttgart.de
Fri Jan 22 01:14:39 PST 2016

Dear colleagues,

this year I am (co-) chairing again the Academic / Scientific Track of
the FOSS4G conference [1]. While Barend is contributing this time as
member of the Scientific Committee I am collaborating with Pradeep from
Kerala University with whom I already organized several scientific
events before. Pradeep is also on the way of establishing a
Ica-osgeo-lab at Kerala University in 2016.

For the Academic / Scientific Track of FOSS4G 2016, being held in in
Bonn, Germany (24 -- 26 Aug), we are looking for colleagues to set up a
*Scientific Committee (SC)* coupled with the local Programme Committee.

Our SC will steer the course of the conference, and will decide on the
tracks, the lead speakers, the sessions, the chairs, and of course the
presentations that will be made. In addition recommendations for further
publication of selected papers in TGIS, IJC, or OSGeo Journal can be given.

The deadline for paper submission is March 21th 2016. Hence our main
work will start afterwards.

And, of course, we need support regarding the dissemination of the /Call
for Papers /[2]. I attach the CfP document for /further distribution/.

Please send your expression of interest to participate in the SC and/or
reviewers panel to Pradeep and me using this email address:

academictrack at foss4g2016.org

My hope is that we can move together the idea of Openess in Geospatial
IT, data, education, and standards significantly forward by intensified
integration of academia in the context of FOSS4G.

Best regards - Franz-Josef

[1] http://2016.foss4g.org/
[2] http://2016.foss4g.org/programme.html#scientific-track