[Geo4All] GeoAcademy course syllabi/goals? was: Introducing GeoAcademy GIS GeoBadges

Mueller, Thomas Mueller at calu.edu
Wed Jul 13 09:38:15 PDT 2016

Rick

Take your time and enjoy your vacation.

Tom

________________________________
From: GeoForAll <geoforall-bounces at lists.osgeo.org> on behalf of Smith, Richard <Richard.Smith at tamucc.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 9:37:43 AM
To: geoforall at lists.osgeo.org; Tom Roche
Subject: Re: [Geo4All] GeoAcademy course syllabi/goals? was: Introducing GeoAcademy GIS GeoBadges

Hi Tom,

I can provide access to the syllabi and course documents for you. Previously, they were hosted for download on the Department of Labor's training website (GST 104 example https://nter.collin.edu/web/guest/course-details?cid=1401), however, it seems that the links are now largely dead.

So, since we already have the open source lab material on my lab website [1] and GitHub [2], I will also move the syllabi and source lecture material to those locations as well. The packaged lectures can be viewed on my lab website [1], but the source material and syllabi have not been uploaded yet.

The catch is that I am on holiday in rural Maine for the next 10 days where the fastest network speed I have is .25Mb/Sec down .12Mb/Sec up, so I won't be able to move the materials until this end of this month. If you want the syllabi only, I can perhaps email them directly to you, let me know.

For everyone's benefit, here is what is included in the lecture portion of each course:
For each course module:
*Lecture - PowerPoint files and associated scripts for each slide as a separate Word document.
*Quiz - Quiz and associated answer sheet [3]
For each course:
*Exams - Typically two exams with associated answer sheets [3]
*Lab - Already hosted at [1] and [2].
Every lecture, quiz, and exam is CC BY 3.0.

[1] http://spatialquerylab.com/foss4g-academy-curriculum/
[2] https://github.com/FOSS4GAcademy
[3] In the past, we have not posted the quizzes and exams online as we would prefer that those materials not be freely available as the curriculum is in use by some colleges. However, I do release those via email to professors who contact me directly.

Cheers,
-Rick

Richard Smith, Ph.D., GISP
Assistant Professor and Program Coordinator of GISc/GSEN
Director of Spatial {Query} Lab
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Phone: 361-825-2750
Web: http://gisc.tamucc.edu