[Geo4All] New webinar collaborations with UCGIS and ASPRS

Maria Brovelli maria.brovelli at polimi.it
Fri Jun 10 07:41:54 PDT 2016

Dear Rafael, this is an excellent news! Thanks for this great success.

Have a lovely week end!

Maria

Il 10/06/2016 16:37, Moreno-sanchez, Rafael ha scritto:

> Hi everyone,
>
> A quick note to inform you on the exciting new webinar collaborations
> with the
>
> University Consortium for GIS (UCGIS), and the The American Society
> for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (*ASPRS*)
>
> I have met with Diana Sinton Executive Director University Consortium
> for GIS (UCGIS), and talked details with David Alvarez from ASPRS.
>
> WITH ASPRS:
>
> (Please see attached)
>
> 1.We will coordinate with ASPRS for 2-3 webinars of their yearly
> webinar offerings.
>
> 2.For these 2-3 webinars they will post the Geo4All webinar offering
> in the ASPRS webinars calendar and promote them with their members and
> mailing lists.
>
> 3. For these 2-3 webinars we will use the ASPRS webinars system. They
> will record webinar, create MP4 video recording and give it to us for
> posting in the Geo4All Webinars YouTube Channel. They will also post
> the recording in the ASPRS YouTube channel. Their webinar broadcast
> system supports up to 500 participants and usually they have over 100
> people attending.
>
> 4.The ASPRS webinars usually take place final Friday of every month
> around noon. We will select dates for the join webinar preferably out
> of the summer months when many members and audience of the Geo4All
> community are out.
>
> WITH UCGIS:
>
> Points 1, 2, 3, and 4 same as above.
>
> Difference:
>
> a)We will have access to the UCGIS mailing list and Geo4All will be
> able to directly announce the webinars to the UCGIS members and
> mailing lists.
>
> Rafael

> Rafael Moreno, Ph.D.
>
> Department of Geography and Environmental Sciences
>
> University of Colorado Denver
>
> Office: North Classroom 3524, Auraria Campus
>
> Campus Box 172
>
> 1200 Larimer Street NC 3524
>
> Denver, CO 80204
>
> Phone: 303-352-3762
>
> Fax 303-556-6197

Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Vice Rector for Como Campus and GIS Professor
Politecnico di Milano

ISPRS WG IV/5 "Web and Cloud Based Geospatial Services and Applications"; OSGeo; ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS AB; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET
Sol Katz Award 2015

Via Natta, 12/14 - 22100 COMO (ITALY)
Tel. +39-031-3327336 - Mob. +39-328-0023867 - fax. +39-031-3327321
e-mail1: maria.brovelli at polimi.it
e-mail2: prorettrice at como.polimi.it