[Ica-osgeo-labs] GeoForAll presentation at UN Technical Workshop

SERGIO ACOSTAYLARA sergio.acostaylara at mtop.gub.uy
Wed Mar 9 08:39:29 PST 2016

Congratulations and thank you very much! Regarding this intention to increase collaboration between UN and Geoforall it is important to find the way that this desire does not fade away (I mean from UN's side). I remember trying to start some work together with Unesco's regional bureau some time ago -regarding gvSIG Batoví- and despite their big interest in discussing ideas after a time this interest faded mostly because of bureaucracy. So we need strong representatives for Geoforall in order to reach the right spokeperson. I think the network now is strong enough to catch the attention of the decision-makers and maybe it is now easier to strengthen relationships. Just an opinion.

Sergio Acosta y Lara
Departamento de Geomática
Dirección Nacional de Topografía
URUGUAY