[Ica-osgeo-labs] Geo4All webminar series Tuesday March 29 18:00 GMT FOSS4G Urban Forestry USA

Moreno-sanchez, Rafael Rafael.Moreno at ucdenver.edu
Thu Mar 10 12:15:28 PST 2016

Hi everyone,
(Please send me proposals for future webminars in the series. We have 3 more lined up)
We cordially invite you to join us for the following webminar. Please spread the word.

We are restarting the Geo4All webminar series.
Please check the Geo4All webminars page frequently
http://www.geoforall.org/webinars/
We will post in this page links to the recordings of each webminar.

[Ian Hanou]               18:00 GMT Tuesday March 29
FOSS/FOSS4G in Urban Forestry Applications in the USA
Ian Hanou
Plan-it GEO
http://www.planitgeo.com/
This presentation will introduce the use of FOSS/FOSS4G applications for urban forest management, outreach and planning. Case studies will highlight web/mobile apps from municipal, private and nonprofit sectors across the country. The first examples will focus on mobile field data collection, data management, maintenance tracking and reporting for urban tree inventories of parks, streets and private property planting projects. The second half will take a big picture view of the entire urban forest at a landscape scale using urban tree canopy assessment data in interactive online mapping applications. These tools will show how progressive organizations can view, plan, and grow their urban forest without knowledge of GIS software or training in data management.
http://geospatial.ucdenver.edu/foss4g/
[cid:image008.jpg at 01D17ACE.E8A16D00][cid:image009.jpg at 01D17ACE.E8A16D00]
Rafael Moreno, Ph.D.
Department of Geography and Environmental Sciences
University of Colorado Denver
Office: North Classroom 3524, Auraria Campus
Campus Box 172
1200 Larimer Street NC 3524
Denver, CO 80204
Phone: 303-352-3762