[Geo4All] Volunteers needed for producing a simple webform and website for publishing data on annual Open Source Report Card for organisations

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Nov 6 04:58:11 PST 2016

On Nov 5, 2016 11:37 PM, "Tom Roche" <Tom_Roche at pobox.com> wrote:

> Suchith Anand[1]
> > it will be good if more organisations start producing their annual Open
Source report cards. So I request volunteers to help us produce a simple
webform which can be outputted to  a website with search facilities etc for
collating information that will help all business and government
organisations to produce [their] annual open source report card. We will
also link this website with GeoForAll website and archive it etc.

> Rather than a separate website, why not just use the OSGeo wiki[2]?

+1

> MediaWiki has form extensions[3] (used with MySQL and PostgreSQL backing
DBs). The wiki already supports search, and presumably is already archived
(correct ?-)

Yes!

Markus

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Cargo