[Geo4All] OSGeo participation is increasing

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Thu Sep 1 00:46:07 PDT 2016

Dear OSGeo UnitedNation committe members,
this is to inform you that in the last steering group meeting of the "UN
open GIS" initiative more OSgeo members from our committee has been
included in the official governance body of the initiative.

Even if the Geo4All is a committe of OSGeo, the initiative wants to keep
the OSGeo and Geo4All as two distinct mainstreams, so that the educational
aspect is highlighted. This is a good things i y opinion also because
double the presence of OSGeo in the initiative.

In addition to Me and Maria Brovelli which are part of the *UN open GIS
Strategic Committee*, I would like to thank for their  availability and
announce that:

*Sanghee Shin* (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Endofcap) for OSGeo
*Jeroen Ticheler* (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Ticheler) for Geo4All
are new members of the *UN open GIS **Technical Committee*

and

*Jeffrey** Johnson* (https://www.linkedin.com/in/ortelius) for OSGeo
*Serena Coetzee* (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Serena_Coetzee) for Geo4All
are new members of the*UN open GIS **Requirement Committee*

and

*Gregory Giuliani* (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Gregory.giuliani) for
Geo4All
is new members of the*UN open GIS **Assesment Committee*

Best Regards,
Maxi

--
*Massimiliano Cannata*