[Geo4All] [geoforall-ab] Ideas invited from "Geo for All" community for Global Week to help demonstrate and raise awareness of "geo" in education at UNESCO

Venka venka.osgeo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 00:13:03 PDT 2016

As far as the OSGeo projects are concerned,
as noted in [1], the foundation's projects are all
freely available and useable under an Open Source
Initiative certified [2] open source license.

As you can see in [2] Apache License 2.0 is
one of the most popular among the licenses
certified by OSI.

Cesium itself is available under Apache 2.0 license
[3] and I see no issue in using it in OSGeo related
software development and outreach activities.

Infact, there were several interesting presentations
based on Cesium at the recent FOSS4G-Bonn [4]

[1] http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/about.html
[2] https://opensource.org/licenses/
[3] https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/cesium/blob/master/LICENSE.md
[4] https://cesiumjs.org/2016/08/05/Cesium-at-FOSS4G-2016/