[Geo4All] Discover QGIS: the workbook for the Award Winning GeoAcademy

Seraphim Alvanides s.alvanides at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 05:21:23 PDT 2016

Hello all

I now had the chance to purchase and review Kurt Menke's book as a
potential workbook for my undergraduate teaching. It is an incredible book,
both in terms of size (470 beautiful pages) and in terms of quality and
breadth of content. My only problem is: 470 pages! Hard to "sell" such a
tome to Geography undergraduates starting their first steps in QGIS; even
harder to convince them to purchase at around £31 or $40.

My question, with apologies to Kurt: is there an up-to-date, yet
introductory and affordable, QGIS textbook as good as Kurt's that only
covers the very basics?
If not, then here is an idea for Kurt's publishers: any chance you could
sell the 5 parts separately? My undergrad students would certainly purchase
part I (first 101 pages) at around $10 :-)

Many thanks,
Seraphim
--
Dr Seraphim Alvanides