[Geo4All] Open Drone Map

Alex Mandel aimandel at ucdavis.edu
Tue Apr 11 09:22:04 PDT 2017

I have used it, though not with students. There is no other Open Source
fully automated system that can handle the same load. The next nearest
option is Hugin which is quite hard to use and does not work on very
large sets.

The biggest challenge for many people is installation. If you can
install and setup a machine for students to use, then the commands to
run it are not that complicated. Also make sure the data sets you
provide are known to work and have the necessary GeoTags.

Happy to answer more specific questions off-list or move to the
OpenDroneMap lists.

Thanks,
Alex Mandel, PhD

Center for Spatial Sciences
  http://spatial.ucdavis.edu
Geospatial and Farming Systems Research Consortium
  http://gfc.ucdavis.edu
University of California, Davis