[Geo4All] Free gis tool to detect unknown coordinate system of a shapefile

manfred at egger-gis.at manfred at egger-gis.at
Fri Aug 11 03:38:27 PDT 2017

Hello,

Last year i developed a free gis tool, which can detect and define the unknown projection of a ESRI shapefile. This tool was published last year at FOSS4G 2016 in Bonn.

Here you find a free downloadlink with description:

[ https://www.egger-gis.at/automatic-projection-detection/shapefile-projectionfinder/ ]( https://www.egger-gis.at/automatic-projection-detection/shapefile-projectionfinder/ )

I want to ask you, if students in other countries have sometimes similar problems like Austrian students, if they have a shapefile with an unknown coordinate system.

I would be happy, if you have time to test my free software and inform me what you think about this approach.

Maybe my tools are relevant for the "Geo for all" project?

Best regards from Austria,

Manfred Egger

Alois-Schrott-Str. 34
6020 Innsbruck