[Geo4All] An update on the FOSS4G 2017 Boston Academic Track Proceedings readership

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Mon Dec 4 08:09:33 PST 2017

Dear OGGeo and GeoForAll colleagues,

*1) An update on FOSS4G 2017 Boston Academic proceedings readership*

One of the nice things about using the Scholarworks system [1] for managing
production and hosting FOSS4G conference open access academic proceedings
is that the Scholarworks system provides regular reporting of readership
and downloads.

FYI, since 9/5/2017, the FOSS4G 2017 full Academic Proceedings has been:

- downloaded 135 times;
- accessed from 75 different universities;
- representing 68 different countries.

I can send a map screen shot if anyone is interested.

*2) Also, FYI, *

- Dr. Franz-Josef Behr, Mohammed Zia, and our Scholarworks support person
Erin Jerome at UMass Amherst are working to get the 2016 FOSS4G Bonn
proceedings up on this site as Volume 16; and,

- Zia and I are in communication with FOSS4G NA academic chair Steve Liang
about the possibility of using this system to support the production of
their FOSS4G NA conference Academic Proceedings.

- If there are any other upcoming FOSS4G regional conferences who would
like to use this system for their proceedings, please contact me.

*3) The OSGeo Journal page needs updating*

Somehow we now need to update the OSGeo Journal webpage [2] updated to
reflect these developments. Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks to Mohammed Zia, Erin Jerome and Andy Anderson for their ongoing
support of this effort, and to my university for providing the Scholarworks
system at no cost to our community.

Cheers,

Charlie Schweik

[1] http://scholarworks.umass.edu/foss4g/
[2] https://journal.osgeo.org/index.php/journal

Professor
Department of Environmental Conservation &
School of Public Policy
University of Massachusetts, Amherst

"Make positive change in your sphere of influence." -- CMS