[Geo4All] High school student looking to help Geo for All

Ethan Zhao ethanxyzhao at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 18:49:32 PST 2017

Hello Everyone!

My name is Ethan Zhao and I am in 10th grade in the US (Texas). I'm
participating in this year's Google Code-In, and I was doing tasks for
OSGeo when I noticed Geo for All. I was instantly hooked by Geo for All's
mission statement and motto. It perfectly combined my interests in
geospatial technology and education of youth. Thus, I'd like to help
contribute to Geo for All in spreading the use of geospatial technology to
everyone.

I was told that Geo for All mainly operates at a university level, so I'm
not sure if I would fit the requirements posted on the website. Could I
jump in and help do anything that needs to be done? For example, while I
may not have as much experience with the remote sensing or QGIS yet, I
could work on any programs needed for outreach, education, etc. or just
spread the word about Geo for All.

If you would like to learn more about me, my wiki page is at
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Exyzhao.

Thanks for your time!
Ethan Zhao