[Geo4All] (High School Student) Report on Open Education

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Dec 21 10:04:33 PST 2017

Hi Ethan Zhao,

This is great start, so keep reading more to understand more ideas. It is very important you look at both  Proprietary GIS and Open Source GIS in your learning .

To start with you need to have overview on different Proprietary GIS that are available, their costs, conditions of use etc and the different Free and Open Source GIS that are available, costs, conditions of use etc.

This link will help you understand more of the various GIS software available

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_geographic_information_systems_software

Then think of how you can contribute your abilities  for creating Open Knowledge and Open Education in GIS for everyone.

I had a quick look at  some of the tutorial videos you already created for Free and Open tools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK8xmHkRnYw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN-zFmne-ZM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt84jSu7CRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLAWS1I_Ld4

This is very impressive work that you have already contributed . Thank you for your contributions to Open Knowledge for everyone.

Please ask your mentor Victoria Rautenbach for any advise you need. Thank You.