[Geo4All] Open innovation for Europe - FOSS4G-Europe 2017 - Call for academic track papers

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Sat Feb 18 23:13:27 PST 2017

Dear all,

FOSS4G-Europe 2017 will be held in Marne-la-Vallée , France on July 18th-22nd 2017. The third edition of the conference is organized at École Nationale des Sciences Géographiques (ENSG). Our event aims at bringing Open Source GIS users and developers together and fostering closer interactions amongst the european geospatial communities. Following an established tradition, FOSS4G-Europe organizes an academic track which will run as a single-track over one day. FOSS4G-Europe invites original research contributions scientific papers dealing with Open Data, Open Software, Open Hardware and Open Science in general are highly welcome. Submissions focusing on INSPIRE, Big Data and Societal Challenges are particularly encouraged. All types of papers are welcome, such as on results achieved, case studies, work in progress, and demos. We discourage, however, mere presentations of technology or use cases without properly justifying originality against the scientific state of the art and without particular novelty.

    Submission deadline: March 17, 2017
    Acceptance notice: April 14, 2017
    Camera ready version: May 15, 2017
    Conference: July 19, 2017

Details at http://europe.foss4g.org/2017/Academic_Track

We look forward to your submissions and strong participation for Open innovation for Europe - FOSS4G-Europe 2017.

University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.