[Geo4All] Geo4All- also for average people, minorities etc.

Munich Orientation Convention volksnav at volksnav.de
Thu Jun 22 02:55:37 PDT 2017

Dear Suchit, dear all,

I'd like to declare the StreetSmart orientation methods and instructions
acc. to www.volksnav.de/StreetSmart as Open Principles for Science and
Education in actually 500 cities.

Let's compare: as "modern" answers to the simple question "where?", some
post administrations are introducing proprietary location codes based on 3
names (!?).

The other alternatives to lat/lon aren't much better:

OpenLocationCode     www.openlocationcode.com,

NAC                                  www.nacgeo.com,

naymit                             www.naymit.com,

mapcode                        www.mapcode.com,

xaddress                         www.xaddress.org,

eLoc                                  www.mapMyIndia.com,

edress                              www.eddress.co,

others                              www.isotc211.org/Address/standards.htm

I'd be more than glad if Geo4All would support better orientation tools in
favor of children, the blind, those who can't read maps but can read a clock
etc. and ask for your open minded comments on that. Thank you in advance.

Henrique Koehler