[Geo4All] RDA EU Early Career support Programme for the RDA10 @ Montrèal, Canada

har amrit singh sandhu haramritsingh.pec at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 00:06:15 PDT 2017

Hi all,

This is Har Amrit Singh Sandhu, Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering
Department at PEC university of Technology, Chandigarh. I wish to share the
following:

1. We have also established OSGeo lab in this institute under the guidance
of Dr Manoj K Arora (Director PEC), who is a well known authority in Remote
Sensing/GIS field. I am a nodal officer for the lab. Last year, got
the opportunity to meet and interact Dr Suchith at Chandigarh in one
conference. He also delivered one talk on the Open Source in the this
campus too.

I wish to share that after his motivation, we are now moving towards using
OS softwares instead of ARCGIS etc. Although, I am in the engineering
field, I am working in health GIS too and going to present one paper in
Geospatial public health symposium in Hyderabad,India. Moreover, in the
coming semester I am planning to introduce QGIS to UG/PG students in this
campus.

Special thanks to Dr Suchith and all others for motivating others.

I also wish to involve in any activity,to achieve the target of open source
world.

Regards,

*Har Amrit Singh Sandhu*

M.Tech (IIT-R), B.E. (PEC-Chd), PGDBA (Symbiosis)
Faculty Adviser - ASCE PEC Chapter,
Member - ISRS, ASCE, IEEE, IBC
Secretary - ASCE India Section (NR)

Assistant Professor, Civil Engg Deptt.,
PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh
Cell No. 09888607006, 09463594149
0172-2753373/51 (O)