[Geo4All] [OSGeo-Discuss] Please help GeoForAll look good

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Wed Jun 28 01:04:30 PDT 2017

Barend - that webmap was put together as a quick, preliminary tool to keep
track of the members as they create their wiki table entry in hope that
somebody from more than 100 labs that we have will step up and create a
high quality interactive on-line cartography that would showcase the open
source geospatial mapping capabilities. That is why the script for creating
this map was posted as a starting point for getting the data from the wiki
and create the map.
Unfortunately, in spite of our founding MoU with ICA, several calls for
getting a better map remain unanswered so we still have the preliminary one
there. I am sure that the expertise and capabilities are there we are just
missing a volunteer who would dedicate the time (perhaps few days?) to this.

Helena

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 9:35 AM, <b.j.kobben at utwente.nl> wrote:

> But that exists, I thought it was the one at:
> http://www.geoforall.org/locations/
> ....?
>

> --
> Barend Köbben
>
> On 27/06/2017, 21:50, "GeoForAll on behalf of Maria Antonia Brovelli" <
> geoforall-bounces at lists.osgeo.org on behalf of maria.brovelli at polimi.it>
> wrote:
>
>     Anyway, definitely is better to have an interactive webGIS where we
> can add new labs instead of a simple fixed image ;-)
>     Maria
>

>     Pay attention to this Special Issue and see if it is of interest by
> you:
>     http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/special_issues/
> Geospatial_Big_Data_Urban_Studies
>

>     ----------------------------------------------------
>     Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
>     Professor of GIS and Remote Sensing
>     Politecnico di Milano
>
>     ISPRS WG IV/4"Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)"
> http://www2.isprs.org/commissions/comm4/wg4.html, Board
>      of Directors of OSGeo; GeoForAll Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind
> Europa Challenge; SIFET Advisory Board
>

>     UN-GGIM Italy, UN-GGIM Academic Network Task Team, UN OpenGIS
> Initiative (Chair of the Capacity Building WG)
>

>     Sol KatzAward 2015
>

>     P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Building 3 - 20133 Milano (Italy)
>     Tel. +39-02-23996242 - Mob. +39-328-0023867,   <mailto:
> maria.brovelli at polimi.it>maria.brovelli at polimi.it

Helena Mitasova
Professor
Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
North Carolina State University
1125 Jordan Hall
NCSU Box 8208
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208