[Geo4All] [Foss4g-academic] Fwd: FOSS4G Boston: call for Academic (and not only) reviewers

Michael Terner mgt at appgeo.com
Sun Mar 26 06:32:40 PDT 2017

Maria:
Thank you so much for putting out this call for assistance. And thanks to
Venka for further spreading the word and to Helena for opening up the
Scientific
Committee on the OSGeo Wiki page
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2017#Scientific_Committee>.

Also, THANK YOU to all those who have volunteered so far. As per Maria's
original message we need some short term help on reviewing the abstracts,
but we are also looking for some longer term help. Here's is the skinny on
what we need:

   1. *Abstract Review:* With the Call for Presentations closed, we have
   received 49 submissions that were self selected as "academic" which means
   there is an intent to submit a paper in association with the presentation.
   I have now read all 49 academic abstracts and have been hugely impressed
   with the breadth of topics and the quality of research. It will be
   *great* to add academic opinions to the selection process, as our
   Program Committee is also reviewing these papers.
   2. *Paper Review Process: *In addition, and as per previous posts to the
   OSGeo Academic Subcommittee list from Andy Anderson (of Amherst College),
   our Chair of the Program Committee, we are desperately searching for a
   group of people who will help to organize the collection and review of
   papers; and hopefully find a path to either publication and/or creating a
   FOSS4G Conference Proceedings. In the short term, we need to post guidance
   on paper production and submission to the website.

The FOSS4G Team now has a fulltime Conference Organizing Assistant, Ashley
Tardiff, and she will provide further guidance over the coming days. This
will include:

   1. Providing updates to the OSGeo Wiki Page
   2. Distributing a spreadsheet that contains the 49 abstracts and other
   relevant information
   3. And identifying a format for providing scoring/feedback to the
   Program Committee. Your input on scoring/feedback is *welcome.*

Please let us know if you have any questions, and please help spread the
word to identify further volunteers.

Thanks again...

MT
​
--
*Michael Terner*
*Executive Vice President & FOSS4G Boston 2017 Chair*

​

--
This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient or otherwise