[Geo4All] Geography2050: The Future of Mobility - NYC Nov 16-17

Christopher Tucker tucker at mapstory.org
Thu Oct 5 10:15:33 PDT 2017

Geo For All Community,

I thought you might be interested to know about the upcoming Geography2050 event on the Future of Mobility (www.geography2050.org).  This is the fourth in a multi-year strategic dialog about the vital trends that will reshape the geography of our planet over the coming decades.  This year is focused on how new forms of mobility will reshape the geography of our planet, and how new geographic tools, technologies and forms of data will fundamentally shape the future of mobility.

We will have folks from the autonomous shared vehicle space, experts on autonomous flying taxi, thinkers and officials on mass transit, regional freight, someone from HyperLoopOne, folks from NASA talking about everything from drones to hypersonics, and two of the creators of GoogleMaps.  The Geographer of the United States will be there, as will leaders from the Open Geospatial Consortium.

Should be a good time.

We would love to have the GeoForAll community in attendance to help bring an open source viewpoint to the deliberations.

It is a fun event where government, industry, academe, the social sector and educators get together to think big thoughts about the future geography of our planet.

Click here (www.geography2050.org) and register now!  Early registration ends tomorrow.

Chris

Dr. Christopher K. Tucker
Chairman