[Geo4All] The final FOSS4G 2017 Boston Academic Proceedings are now available online; Future FOSS4G academic track committees -- consider using this system

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Sat Sep 23 04:52:34 PDT 2017

Dear FOSS4G 2017 Boston Academic Proceedings authors, Academic Committee
[1], and OSGeo and GeoForAll community,

The final peer-reviewed, published academic proceedings for FOSS4G 2017
Boston is now available at:

*http://scholarworks.umass.edu/foss4g/vol17/iss1/
<http://scholarworks.umass.edu/foss4g/vol17/iss1/>*

You can download either the full proceedings pdf (including posters), or
individual papers. Each has a listed recommended citation. Relevant library
search databases are getting fed the metadata through BePress' [3]
Scholarworks publishing platform.  Following past practices, we also intend
to make the proceedings available on the OSGeo journal website and we are
working on getting the new OSGeo logo on the banner.

I want to thank everyone who contributed to these proceedings: the authors,
the terrific academic review committee [1], UMass Amherst librarian Erin
Jerome, Aurora Alder at BEPress [3], and especially to my co-editors Andy
Anderson and Mohammed Zia. Zia deserves special thanks for his efforts.
He's an exceptionally talented and capable individual.

Finally, we'd like to emphasize that this Scholarworks paper review
management and publishing system, supported by BEPress [3] is now available
for future FOSS4G conference academic proceedings, at no cost to
OSGeo\GeoForAll. We implemented this system with the hope that it will be
used for future FOSS4G conferences (such as FOSS4G NA 2018 or other
upcoming FOSS4G conferences). We stand ready to teach this system works to
future academic committee chair(s). Just contact me (
cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu).

Cheers,

Charlie Schweik
(on behalf of our team: Mohammed Zia, Andy Anderson and Erin Jerome)

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2017#Academic_Committee
[2] http://scholarworks.umass.edu/foss4g/vol17/iss1/2/
[3] https://www.bepress.com/
--
Charlie Schweik

Professor
Department of Environmental Conservation &
School of Public Policy
University of Massachusetts, Amherst

"Make positive change in your sphere of influence." -- CMS