[Geo4All] Webinar Friday April 13 at 12:00 PM Mountain Central Time (7:00 PM GMT)

Moreno-sanchez, Rafael Rafael.Moreno at ucdenver.edu
Tue Apr 3 19:58:55 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,
We have our next great webinar in the Geo4All webinar series.
As usual, if you can't join us, the recording will be posted in the Geo4All YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1E2akvCNWP_nC0p5CpB8g/videos

Fri April 13 at 12:00 PM Mountain Central Time (7:00 PM GMT)

Title: Thinking About QGIS as a Consultant and Educator
Kurt Menke
[http://www.geoforall.org/resources/images/KurtMenke.jpg]

Join URL:  https://ucdenver.zoom.us/j/943614121

Abstract: I first downloaded QGIS in 2005 when it was version 0.6.(Simon) At that point it was out of curiosity and I it wasn't something that was terribly useful for my day-to-day work. I was intrigued and kept tracking its development. I first began teaching courses with it in 2009 when it reached version 1.0 (Kore). By that point it was becoming very useful in certain respects. At version 2.0 it started becoming a regularly used tool in my toolbox. I ended up co-authoring several books about it and getting involved with the community. Now at version 3.0 QGIS has become my day to day workhorse and teaching with it is pure pleasure. In this webinar I will discuss why this is the case with examples from my work and experiences teaching it (and FOSS4G generally). In doing this I will highlight what I consider to be its strongest features. I will also discuss some areas where I would like to see it evolve.

Rafael Moreno, Ph.D.
Department of Geography and Environmental Sciences
University of Colorado Denver
Office: North Classroom 3524, Auraria Campus
Campus Box 172
1200 Larimer Street NC 3524
Denver, CO 80204
Phone: 303-315-7556