[Geo4All] ICC 2019 - Tokyo - ICA General Assembly

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Aug 14 01:34:01 PDT 2018

Dear Silvana,

Thank you for sharing this excellent updates with the community.

Some suggestions from me below for your kind consideration:

  1.  Great idea to host host pre-conference workshops in Tokyo. May be building upon the SDI Open pre-conference workshops in 2015 and 2017 is a good option. I suggest we reach out to ICA Standards commission, OGC etc as before.

  1.  I request all colleagues interested for  ICA commission (Open Source Geospatial Technologies)  from 2019 to 2023, to please email Silvana directly your nominations . We have so many amazing colleagues who can help us for this.

  1.  One of my humble suggestions is we work on  ideas on how we can do more ICA outreach to student communities. I have been doing my best to  promote  ICA in student communities. I joined ICA when I was a student , so I think we should do more to get more students involved in ICA as it helps them be part of the academic and scientific network in cartography and GI Science. My  humble suggestion is for ICA  to reach out to initiatives like Youth Mappers http://www.youthmappers.org. They are doing great work in student communities and it will be great for ICA to have more joint collaborations with them.  I will be happy to provide any support for this. Students are the future of the discipline and if we can get them involved in ICA  , they will then go on to be part of the GI Science and cartography  global community in the future.

Silvana - Thank you for your excellent work that you are doing for Open Source Geospatial Technologies Commission . ICA is a great global family that I am proud to be part of. Any help I can do to support ICA, I will be happy to do.