[Geo4All] Chair for Geospatial IG , Research Data Alliance

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Sun Feb 11 08:07:39 PST 2018

Dear colleague,

Geospatial IG of the Research Data Alliance is an excellent global platform to expand ideas for Geospatial Data Science and its importance for both research ( geodata driven discovery, algorithms for location data mining , geospatial data harmonisation, geostatistical modelling, techniques for integrating both authoritative and crowd sourced data etc) and teaching (the curriculum requirements for teaching geospatial data driven discovery for future geoprofessionals). Since the start of establishing Geospatial  IG, we have provided opportunity for bringing for all interested in 'geo' data aspects in RDA and outside for expanding ideas and synergies.

I am very grateful for the opportunity to serve as the founding chair of this IG and work with amazing colleagues to expand ideas for Geospatial data science. As i am now busy with many other key responsibilities ,  I have decided to hand over the IG leadership to qualified colleagues who can invest time to take this forward. We are looking for colleagues who have strong research leadership in Geospatial Data Science for this.  I will provide my full support to whoever the community decide to select for the new Chair. All interested please send your details to the Geospatial IG mailing list and I leave to the community to decide .

The draft agenda for Geospatial IG meeting in Berlin is available at
https://rd-alliance.org/ig-geospatial-rda-11th-plenary-meeting

attachment.

where permitted by law.