[Geo4All] GeoForAll Iberoamérica continues to grow

SERGIO ACOSTAYLARA sergio.acostaylara at mtop.gub.uy
Wed Jul 11 06:40:06 PDT 2018

Hi all. GeoForAll Iberoamérica (G4A-Ib) continues to grow:

  *   ??we have 15 members from 8 different countries right now in the wiki (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoForAll_Iberoam%C3%A9rica) and others to be added shortly (still information missing)
  *   we are arranging future collaborations with other initiatives (GBIF, EO4GEO)
  *   we welcome collaboration with other Regional/Thematic groups? from GeoForAll
  *   we are organizing our first students' competition with OSGeo's support (see -in Spanish- https://siglibreuruguay.wordpress.com/2018/06/14/premio-geoforall-iberoamerica-y-osgeo/)
  *   we have done a series of webinars (for example: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtoCaX0XUK-7VmHiaVkBri480immm5jBS) and we plan to do more in the future
  *   we are part of the Editorial Board of the GeoForAll newsletter making possible to have it translated to Spanish

Have a nice day,

Sergio Acosta y Lara
Departamento de Geomática
Dirección Nacional de Topografía