[Geo4All] Reminder Friday Geo4All webinar: Mapping Urban Forests.

Moreno-Sanchez, Rafael Rafael.Moreno at ucdenver.edu
Wed Apr 17 08:00:47 PDT 2019

Hi everyone,
Kind reminder.
This Friday April 19th , we have the next webinar in the series the Geo4All network of FOSS4G labs webinars.

As usual recording of the presentation will be posted in the

Geo4All YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1E2akvCNWP_nC0p5CpB8g/videos

Geo4All International Network of FOSS4G Labs

Webinar Series

(http://www.geoforall.org/webinars/)

Friday April 19th

12:00 PM Mountain Time

6:00 PM (GMT)

Join URL: https://ucdenver.zoom.us/j/791507529

As usual recording of the presentation will be posted in the

Geo4All YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1E2akvCNWP_nC0p5CpB8g/videos

Mapping Urban Forests & Parks in the Cloud using FOSS4G

[cid:image009.png at 01D4F464.4D220890]

[cid:image010.png at 01D4F464.4D220890]

Ian Hanou (CEO & Founder) and

Clayton Steneroden (Director of Software Development),

PlanIT Geo

https://www.planitgeo.com/

[cid:image011.png at 01D4F464.4D220890]

[cid:image012.jpg at 01D4F464.4D220890]

PlanIt Geo (Arvada, Colorado) was founded in 2012 and provides GIS software and consulting services for urban forestry and parks management. Since 2014, we have used mostly FOSS4G technologies to build, test, and support the Tree Plotter suite of software. This presentation will outline our evolution from proprietary tools towards an open source GIS and web software stack including how we got started with FOSS4G and factors we consider over time while evaluating future development. Technologies will include OpenLayers, PostGIS, GDAL/OGR, Geoserver, and QGIS. A brief tour of the products and functionality will be provided followed by priorities for future FOSS4G development and recommendations.

Rafael Moreno, Ph.D.
Department of Geography and Environmental Sciences
University of Colorado Denver
Office: North Classroom 3524, Auraria Campus
Campus Box 172
1200 Larimer Street NC 3524
Denver, CO 80204
Phone: 303-315-7556