[Geo4All] OSGeo 2019 budget discussion

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Jan 8 11:31:36 PST 2019

Thanks for the information. The only budget request is the OSGeo student Awards that we have been running successfully in the last few years (thanks to colleagues who volunteered to run these competitions at various events). I think we need to ensure that experiences gained from OSGeo Student Awards need to be maintained to provide more OSGeo outreach and recognition for student contributions.

My suggestion to have $3000 for the GeoForAll budget for running the OSGeo student awards competitions ($500 at six FOSS4G related events) for 2019.

If there are no objections to this request , then may I request that Helena, Victoria as the GeoForAll chairs to please formally submit the budget request for the OSGeo student awards to the OSGeo Board for consideration.