[Geo4All] [OSGeo Africa] open online course on Environmental Security and Sustaining Peace

Lucette ADET lucetteadet at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 06:42:59 PST 2019

Thank you for the information.

Le jeu. 31 janv. 2019 à 15:28, RAGATOA David <rmandavid at gmail.com> a écrit :

> David RAGATOA (M.Tech. WASCAL)
> Geography - Climate Science | GIS & RS
> ~ Climate Change & Environment ~
>
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2019, 10:06 CJ Sikasula <cj.sikasula at cjandsconsultants.com
> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>

>> Below is a message I have just received. Those interested can enrol for
>> free training.
>>

>> *Hi Chaila - Thanks for connecting.*
>>

>> *As a fellow environmental and GIS professional, I wanted to inform you
>> about our massive open online course on Environmental Security and
>> Sustaining Peace. The course focuses on the role that natural resources,
>> environmental degradation and climate change play in conflict and
>> peacebuilding dynamics.*
>>

>> *This free 8 week course starts on 11 February - and only requires 2
>> hours per week of time. Transcripts are available in English, French,
>> Spanish, Portuguese and Chinese.*
>>

>> *The video trailer is here:
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9synaiAb7Q&feature=youtu.be
>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9synaiAb7Q&feature=youtu.be>*
>>

>> *The enrollment link is here:
>> https://www.edx.org/course/environmental-security-and-sustaining-peace-0
>> <https://www.edx.org/course/environmental-security-and-sustaining-peace-0>*
>>

>> *The development of this course was a major undertaking over an entire
>> year in a genuine partnership among the SDG Academy, UNEP, UNDP, the
>> Environmental Law Institute, and the Universities of Columbia, Duke and
>> California (Irvine). It also reflects the combined learning from a range of
>> other UN agencies, governments, civil society and non-governmental
>> organizations, academics, and private sector actors. It was funded by the
>> government of Finland together with the EC and the United Nations
>> Development Account.*
>>

>> *We would welcome you to join this course as well as help get the word
>> out to your colleagues in South Africa.*
>>

>> *Thank you*
>>

>> Regards
>>

>> Chaila Joshua Sikasula MSc. GIS, MBA, RPAS Pilot, GPr GISc 1431
>>
>> *Principal Geospatial Consultant*
>>
>> *[image: Description: cid:image009.png at 01D1AD20.D134EB40]*
>>
>> 2nd Floor, Building 1, Golder House
>>
>> Maxwell Office Park,
>>
>> Magwa Crescent West
>>
>> Waterfall City
>>
>> Midrand
>>
>> E:     cj.sikasula at cjandsconsultants.com
>>
>> T:      +27110567591
>>
>> M:    +27786588439
>>
>> www.cjandsconsultants.com

*ADET Lucette University Felix Houphouet Boigny, AbidjanFaculty of
Biosciences--Plant Biology and Physiology**Bsc in Plant Biology and
Physiology*

*M.Tech in Climate Change and Adapted Land Use  (WASCAL
FUTMINNA)
-- West African Science Service

on Climate Change and Adapted Land UseRemote sensing - Environment
analysis- Agriculture & BiodiversityOpen sourcePhone:+225 79596007Email:
lucetteadet at gmail.com <lucetteadet at gmail.com> / *